• chronic renal failure or chronic Kidney failure
• Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
• Kidney cancer or Renal cell carcinoma
• Acute renal failure
• kidney damage
• Renal dysfunction
• Urinary tract infections (UTIs)
• Kidney stones
• Cystic kidney disease
• Lupus nephritis
• Nephrotic syndrome
• Renal insufficiency
• Bladder stones
• Anemia-related kidney problems
• Kidney infections
The various symptoms of chronic kidney disease and kidney failure may differ from patient to patient. In general, the signs and symptoms that indicating abnormal kidney functioning may include,
• Peeing more often than usual
• Poor appetite
• Nausea and vomiting
• Edema or swelling around the face, hands and ankle
• Reduced sense of taste
• Muscle cramps
• Abnormal loss of weight
• Dry and itchiness in the skin
• Memory problems
• Trouble focusing
• Joint pain
For accurate diagnosis of kidney disease symptoms, connect with our kidney specialist doctor, today.
The various kidney function tests or diagnostic procedures performed under nephrology include,
• Blood tests and Urine analysis
• Imaging tests or studies including Magnetic resonance imaging scan (MRI scan) or Computed Tomography scan (CT scan)
• Renal biopsy
• Glomerular Filtration Rate (GFR)
• MR angiography
The various treatments available for nephrology diseases include the following,
• Lifestyle modifications
• Peritoneal dialysis
• Continuous Renal Replacement Therapy (CRRT)
• Kidney transplantation
1. What is dialysis process? When is dialysis needed?
Dialysis is a type of medical procedure that is performed for removing waste products, electrolytes and excessive fluids form the blood, when the kidneys are failing. Dialysis is needed when a patient has end stage renal disease or kidney failure.
2. What are chronic kidney disease symptoms?
The various chronic kidney disease symptoms include,
• Swelling in the legs, feet and ankles
• Hypertension or high blood pressure
• Sleep issues
• Loss of appetite
• Nausea and vomiting
• Shortness of breath
• Trouble concentrating
• Urinating more or less
• Dry and itchy skin
• Chest pain
3. What is Hemodialysis?
Hemodialysis involves extracting blood from the body, passing it through a dialyzer (an artificial kidney) to filter out waste and excess fluids, and then reintroducing the purified blood back into the body. This procedure, lasting 3 to 5 hours, is typically conducted in a hospital or a dialysis center three times weekly. Alternatively, individuals can perform hemodialysis at home.
4. Difference between a urologist and a nephrologist?
Urologists are doctors are who specialize in diagnosing, treating, and managing conditions affecting the urinary system. A nephrologist is a doctor who specializes in providing diagnosis, treatment, and management for kidney problems and diseases.
5. Can kidney disease be cured?
Unfortunately, kidney disease cannot be cured. However, with treatments and lifestyle modifications, the symptoms of the disease can be managed. The chronic kidney disease treatment may depend on the stage of the kidney disease and your overall health.
6. What are the types of kidney failure?
There are two types of renal failure. They are,
• Acute kidney failure
• Chronic kidney failure
7. What is chronic kidney disease? What are the chronic kidney disease causes?
Chronic kidney disease is a type of condition in which the kidney loses its function gradually. As a result, the kidneys fail to filter excessive fluids and waste effectively, leading to their buildup in the body.
There are various conditions that can cause chronic kidney disease (CKD). Some of these diseases include,
• A family history
• Type 1 diabetes
• Type 2 diabetes
• Interstitial nephritis
• Polycystic kidney disease
• Hypertension (High Blood Pressure)
• Urinary Tract Obstruction
• Recurrent Kidney Infections
• Vesicoureteral reflux
• Long-term use of certain medications
8. What are kidney cancer symptoms?
Kidney cancer happens when the cells in the kidneys multiply and divide abnormally. The symptoms of kidney cancer are not very prominent in the early stages. The kidney cancer symptoms develop as the kidney cancer advances. In general, the various kidney cancer symptoms include,
• Blood in the Urine (Hematuria)
• Swelling in the legs and ankles
• Loss of appetite
• Pain on the sides
• Pain in the back
• A mass or lump on the side or back
• High blood pressure
• Unexplained weight loss
9. What is kidney cancer treatment?
Depending on the stage of the kidney cancer, the age of the patient, and the overall health of the patient, the kidney cancer treatment is decided by the doctor. The various kidney cancer treatment includes,
• Radiofrequency ablation
• Radiation therapy
• Targeted therapy
10. Can kidney failure be cured?
Unfortunately, kidney failure cannot be cured. However, with the right treatments, medical management, and lifestyle modifications suggested by kidney specialist doctors, kidney disease can be managed and slowed. Kidney failure treatments such as kidney dialysis and kidney transplantation can help in managing the condition and improving the quality of life.
Your search ends here if you are a kidney patient searching for,
• Nephrology doctors near me
• Nephrology hospital near me
• Kidney specialist doctor
At Doctourify Technologies Private Limited, we ensure to provide you with the best kidney treatment in India and worldwide. We connect you with the best kidney specialists and nephrology hospitals to ensure you get the best diagnosis, treatment, and care at the most affordable packages. With Doctourify, you don’t need to worry about your renal disease, as with us by your side, you and your health are in safe hands.
Our kidney specialists or nephrologists provide various services such as,
• Dialysis Procedure
• Renal Failure Treatment
• High Creatinine Treatment
• Kidney Disease Treatment
• CKD Diagnosis
• CKD management
• Kidney cancer treatment
• Medical management of chronic kidney disease
• Diagnosing the causes of kidney disease, acute renal failure causes, the causes of chronic kidney failure, etc.
To know more about the services we offer in the nephrology department, contact our team today.